Effective date: May 2018
Information we collect, store and process and how we use it
The privacy and trust of our customers is of the utmost importance to The Noble Collection UK Ltd, and we promise never to share your personal details with any outside company for their mailing or marketing purposes. In order for you to make a purchase we do have to collect certain personal information from you (for example your name, email address, telephone number, payment details and, for some of our age restricted items, we may collect and retain additional data to prove age and eligibility to purchase). All such information is held on secure servers. The Noble Collection UK Ltd complies fully with all applicable data protection and consumer legislation, and we treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
In order to process your order(s) efficiently and effectively, reputable third-party banking (including PayPal) and distribution organisations handle credit card transactions and order fulfilment. They receive only the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card or to process your order. All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
We are keen for you to be among the first to receive offers and news about our products. We may do this in various ways, including email, but only if you would like us to and with your express permission. If you would like to be added to our mailing list please indicate this by completing the newsletter signup form (bottom of website landing page). If you change your mind and no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you have the right to request that we cease sending marketing communications, whether by email or otherwise, to you. You can do this by:
- Clicking the unsubscribe link displayed in marketing emails, or
- Emailing us at: email@example.com requesting that we do not process your information for marketing purposes.
You may also have the right to:
- Request access to the information we hold about you
- Obtain confirmation as to whether or not information concerning you exists
- Be informed of the content and source of such information and check its accuracy
- Correct, update, delete, block, cancel or object to the use of your information held by us.
You may do this by emailing your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, to help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information.
We may collect, store and process information about you if you use our website to view or buy products, gift vouchers, or if you voluntarily provide us with such information, for example when you: subscribe to our mailing list; enter a promotion or competition; post content to one of our social media pages or by using a hashtag or other social media identifier; apply for a job with us or take part in inquiries or surveys. This information may be collected, used, disclosed or otherwise handled to:
- Enable the use of and make improvements to our website
- Process orders and related activities
- Supply our goods and services
- Send direct marketing materials to you, if you have agreed for us to do so
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and websites
- Improve merchandise selections and customer service
- Identify your product and service preferences
- Notify you about new products, services, features, promotions, events and special offerings relating to The Noble Collection UK Ltd that we think you will find valuable
- Verify your identity in certain instances (such as when you return merchandise or request a refund)
- Meet any legal and/or regulatory requirements
- Secure our operations and protect against, identify and help prevent fraud, unauthorised activity, claims and other liabilities and minimise risk.
We may also use banner advertising on other websites to present you with products we think may be of interest to you based on your browsing history but we don’t store personally identifiable data such as credit card details in cookies we create. Cookies do not harm your computer and they help us to identify and resolve errors.
Our site uses high level SSL encryption technology. You can tell whether a page is secure as ‘https’ will replace the ‘http’ at the front of www.noblecollection.co.uk in your browser address window.
Additional security tips
Using an unsecured network in a public place can be risky as unauthorised people may try to intercept what you are doing online. We recommend you only connect to secure wireless networks that you trust, and to be aware of the risks associated with using public WiFi.
Phishing is a practice of tricking someone into giving confidential information. Examples include falsely claiming to be a legitimate company when sending an email to a user, in an attempt to get the user to send private information that will be used for identity theft and fraud. We will not normally ask you to send personal details via email and we will never ask for financial information or passwords. If we require such information, we will ask you to contact us by phone. Should you receive an email claiming to be from The Noble Collection UK Ltd requesting personal information, please don’t respond, but do let us know about it by emailing: email@example.com.
Privacy Statement revisions and updates
This Privacy and Security statement may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our processing of your information and privacy practices. The date our privacy statement was most recently revised is displayed at the top of this Privacy notice.